Tuesday, January 27, 2009

From Beyond the Lens


I love making movies. I love to film and see what the end result brings. What frustrates me with this process is that I can't star and film at the same time. It is imperative that I appear as the protagonist in this film clip I am making for a friend in Ireland and yet any footage now captured on my camera consists of bad angles and half-head shots. It seems I was just not meant to be in the eye of the lens. Take my captivating, daredevil-esque stunts yesterday for example. 
I filmed others jumping off rocks several metres high and into a five metre deep pool, but when it came to my turn the footage stopped the second I stepped off the rock. Now for all you know, I am lying and I never jumped but you will have to take my word for it. It was one of the scariest experiences and I'm still stunned that I did it. Do you know what it's like to feel an endless sensation of falling: not knowing when you will hit the water because you are so terrifed that you sealed your eyes shut on the way down? I do now.
It was good to do something so daring but it also would have been nice to have a reminder of it on film. But for now, I'm heading to do some self-filming for this music-movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment