Friday, May 15, 2009

I Want To See Those Jazz Hands!... I Said Jazz Hands! Not Spirit Fingers!!!


Besides having a topsy-turvy, upsy-downsy kind of week, the one highlight was being named Production Manager of the University's first ever Musical Production. It's nice to be recognised by your teachers for something unrelated to the studies at hand, too. My Thursday teacher is unbelievably kind and supportive, Monday teacher has made mention of the Musical in class and I'm convinced I am a favourite of Wednesday's teacher because I participate in class discussions (usually leading them- I love my Crime class) and get high marks so I must make her look good! Anyway, I think I've gone on a tangent. 

I'm watching The Da Vinci Code with my brother at the moment. It's late and I'm sitting here in the dark with my Mac on my lap, enjoying the art and cinematography that shows itself on the screen as well as listening to the respectable Tom Hanks. I'm a fan of Tom. He was on the Hamish and Andy show last week: such a funny guy, but there's also that sense of importance. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I guess if someone were to say to me: "You can work for any celebrity in the world. Now choose." it would without a doubt be Tom Hanks. Besides being an actor, owning his own company and being a writer as well, he has a lovely wife in Rita Wilson who he has been happily married to for a while now. Kudos! (I've just noticed: Hanks' only friend on the island in Cast Away is a ball he names Wilson... Interesting... "Wilson!!!") To wrap up the Hanks rant, I cannot wait to see Angels and Demons which I believe was released in cinemas yesterday. I bought the Dan Brown novel last week which I will read in my holidays. 

Another book I bought recently was the Penguin Classics version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I can't wait to read it. I love the Penguin Classics editions: I have the Truman Capote true-crime novel 'In Cold Blood'. I just love the feel of the book, the size of the font, the colour of the pages and the new yet old-fashioned smell of the book. I am weird. Back to Austen: I have never read an Austen novel. I have only seen the film starring Anne Hathaway called 'Becoming Jane'. It makes me cry everytime, it is so tragic yet so beautiful. So honest yet also sensationalised. I look forward to reading Pride and Prejudice, even if the film stars the hideously skinny Keira Knightly (can you tell that I am not a fan?). 

So, to sum up: my life at the moment consists of study, planning, books and music. I'm sure Eskimo Joe wrote of a similar circumstance... 

'Til my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment